- To: "gentech" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Bt toxins
- From: "Clive Elwell" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 16:41:06 +1300
- Content-Type: multipart/alternative;boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0030_01BE195B.90C4FDA0"
- Resent-From: email@example.com
- Resent-Message-ID: <"Cf4iIC.A.3jB.QFNX2"@bakunix.free.de>
- Resent-Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I read this claim recently:
> Toxins used in transgenic food crops are plant-produced Bt
toxins called cry" toxins and they can be modified for specific
results, such as to kill only unwanted insects. Also, these Bt
toxins are only present in plant foliage, not the grain
I have heard the opposite claimed, that the
toxins are present in all parts of the plant. I have heard that "every
mouthful of Bt potato contains a dose of Bt pesticide"
Where does the truth lie?