Re: Blaylock - Part 2 (continuation of transcript/aspartame, with special attention to seizures and hazards to aviation)

Again, Lisa, Thank you - and this is added to the same lists.  We hope all
will forward it to their own lists and newsgroups.

Regards,
Betty

At 01:49 PM 7/12/98 -0400, you wrote:
>JON BAUM:  I just got passed a note that says that both Nutra System and
Jenny
>Craig Diet Plans use Crystal Light as a water substitute, do you know
anything
>about that?
>
>DR. BLAYLOCK:  I have heard that some of the diet systems are advocating
>Crystal Light and I shudder when I see that.  I think anyone who is going to
>go on a diet and take NutraSweet products, you are putting yourself at the
>maximum risk.  If you are on a low calorie diet that lowers your blood sugar
>then that greatly increases your chances of having a seizure, cardiac
problems
>or neurodegenerative changes in your brain.  I think that's very hazardous.
>
>BETTY MARTINI:  Dr. Blaylock of course, we are flooded with complaints day
and
>night and you're right they're neurological, central nervous system problems.
>You were mentioning Crystal Light and we get so many complaints on it, it's
>interesting that one of them came from an actress who had to advertise
Crystal
>Light and she said she could hardly get through it, she had so many
>gastrointestinal complaints and we also seem to get a lot of them on Diet
Kool
>Aid.  These powders that are mixed with aspartame as if it's just chemicals
>and aspartame and they seem to be the top complaints of products like this
>but, Crystal Light is right up at the top.
>
>DR. BLAYLOCK:  Well, it may be that in both cases Kool Aid and Crystal Light
>is because people drink such large volumes.  Some of the people I've
talked to
>that's had Crystal Light problems, it's a drink that you can drink a lot of.
>You know a Diet Cola, you may not drink the volume that you would drink of
>Crystal Light or of Kool Aid.  Children are particularly susceptible with
Kool
> [...]
>this which if you examine what we're talking about is actually doing double

>blind studies in single individual cases which demonstrate quite clearly
that
>the only variable is the NutraSweet. So this is producing some ADHD type
>problems that are very clear.  Now one of the studies that was done, a two
>part study by Freider and Grimm is an Israeli study at the University there,
>tried to determine what was causing some of these problems with mentation.
>They fed pregnant mice an exitotoxin, and they found that the offspring had a
>normal appearing learning for simple things but for complex learning they
were
>severely impaired.  And when they studied the brains to see why, they found
>out that the neurotransmitter called acetyl choline had been reduced 80% and
>remained reduced throughout the entire childhood period of that animal.  So
>what we're seeing is a profound change in the chemistry of the brain of
>children that are exposed to these exitotoxins while they're still inside
>their mother during the developmental period. Subsequent studies, one in
>Neuroscience Behavioral Review in 1993, found that nutrition was probably the
>single most important environmental influence on the development of the brain
>in the fetus and another study in 1995 in BioMedicine and Environmental
>Science found that these exitotoxins severely effect the hypothalamus in
>newborn babies so that the wiring or how all these different neurons connect
>to one another may be altered and would be altered permanently so that the
>child's hypothalamus would not work properly throughout the rest of their
>life, and this can effect immunity as well, so that the immune system is
>totally altered thorughout the rest of their life. Another interesting study
>in children found that when pregnant mothers were fed glutamate and other
>exitotoxins they had a dramatic increase in free radical formation in the
>offspring and that continued all through adolescence.  It increased free
>radical formation 56%. That's damaging the brain cells, throughout all that
>period. So we have a multitude of research papers that have been done and
>studies that have been done that shows these exitotoxins have a profound
>damaging effect on the development of the brains of newborns. Even when these
>children are exposed to it after birth, they have severe changes in their
>brain and many of these things are not reversible so pregnant women drinking
>NutraSweet may be doing enormous amounts of damage and we've known that
>ironically the phenylalanine from NutraSweet in the mother's blood
>concentrates inside the blood of the baby two fold, that is the level inside
>the baby's body is twice as high as it is in the mother, and that pregnant
>women actually have higher concentrations than non-pregnant women so this
>baby's getting an even higher concentration of this brain- toxic chemical.
The
> [...]

>diketopiperazine, not too many people relaize that aspartame is a drug an
that
>it breaks down into a witches brew of toxins and that it did in lab animals
>trigger astrocytomas in rats.
>
>DR. BLAYLOCK:  In fact that was the first red flag that came up and this
>experiment was done by G. D. Searle Company. I discuss that in some detail in
>my book, how all of this came about. But what was interesting was that their
>own laboratories showed that there was a tremendous increase in brain tumors
>in the experimental animals exposed to NutraSweet and that it was dose
>related. The higher the dose, the more brain tumors.  There was a forty-seven
>(47) fold increase of brain turmos in their mice.  The longer the mouse was
>exposed to it, the higher the incidence of tumors.  The older it became, the
>more likely that a tumor would develop.  I have received numerous phone calls
>and letters and e-mails from young women all over the country who have been
>heavy NutraSweet users who have astrocytomas. There's an unexplained increase
>in astrocytomas in the United States and the American Board of Neurological

>Surgery and the Tumor Registry have no idea why. Dr. Olney, John Olney,
gave a
>news conference in which he tried to explain it but unfortunately I don't
>think enough people understood that importance attached to this news
>conference. And what they need to do is look at the Jerome Bressler Report
>which is a government report of the research that was done in this area. As
>Betty says, what happens in NutraSweet the longer it sits in that can or
baked
>goods, it is broken down into diketopiperazine which is a cancer causing
>substance and it is thought to be the cause of the brain tumors, it's related
>to another substance that we use to induce brain tumors in experiental
>animals. So, if you read the book, I tell the whole story of the Bressler
>Report, the incidence of brain tumors and how they manipulated the results.
>It's an interesting story but it's also critical for that reason to avoid
>NutraSweet.
>
>JON BAUM:  Dr. Blaylock, we only have a few seconds left, exactly thirty, and
>I want to thank you for being on our show. I know your time is valuable.  I
>want to thank Betty Martini from Atlanta and can we bring you on another
time.

>DR. BLAYLOCK:  I'd be glad to.
>
>JON BAUM:  Thank you very much.
>
>DR. BLAYLOCK:  And I appreciate the opportunity.
>
>BETTY MARTINI: Thank you Dr. Blaylock.
>
>DR. BLAYLOCK:  Thank you Betty.
>
>JON BAUM:  This is Jon Baum from Mission Possible Radio, we'll be back here
>next week, not sure who the guest is going to be. We were also on the
internet
>at www.aspartamekills.com, and all you have to do is hit the live feed and we
>thank our internet listeners. Good night.

z***************************************************************************
**
1. Take the 60-day No Aspartame Test and send us your case history.
Mission Possible International
5950-H State Bridge Rd.  #215
Duluth, GA 30097  USA
2. Tell your doctor and all of your friends!
3. Return Asparcidal food to the store.
(anything with Monsanto's NutraSweet/Equal/Spoonful/Benevia/NatraTaste)
VISIT http://www.dorway.com/possible.html Get links to over 30 sites
VISIT http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/   ..FAQs & Cases
VISIT http://www.notmilk.com Exposing Bovine Growth Hormone
Disability and Death are not acceptable costs of business!