Re: Re classical breeding, archive 105

>...... Well Rick one of the biggest problems that has occurred with the
>'fiddling' of crops is the definitely the lack of flavour.  This has
>probably worsened further with the industrialisation of the food supply,
>which, in my view, should never have been allowed to happen.  The purity
>of the food supply should be sacrosanct.

No argument here. Presumably if consumers were willing to pay more from
them, more flavorable varieties would be grown in larger amounts.  But
still there have been improvements.  For example, cabbage tastes better
than its wild relatives; broccoli and caulflower resulted from a mutation
in domesticated plants, not from nature.

How you have prevented the industrialisation of the food supply?