GENTECH archive 8.96-97
Re: Is God On Our Side?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Is God On Our Side?
- From: email@example.com (Jaan Suurkula)
- Date: Sun, 6 Apr 1997 23:29:32 +0200 (MET DST)
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>Does anyone know of any pronouncements from major religious leaders
>regarding the GE food debate?
(John Kyle <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
John, I think it is a splendid idea to approach those religious leaders who
have not yet taken a clear stand on this issue.
According to recent statistics I got, the Catholic Church has 1.7 billion
people closely followed by Islam with about 1.4 billion. So approaching
major leaders might no doubt have a great impact. I don't believe in the
malediction about the pope by an other list participant although I am not a
catholic. Other sources seem to indicate that he is a truly spiritual person
with a high level of moral integrity. We should not refrain from action
because of preconceptions about his person.
Jaan Suurkula <email@example.com>