Re: Is God On Our Side?

>Does anyone know of any pronouncements from major religious leaders
>regarding the GE food debate?
(John Kyle <johnkyle@midcoast.com.au>)

John, I think it is a splendid idea to approach those religious leaders who
have not yet taken a clear stand on this issue.

According to recent statistics I got, the Catholic Church has 1.7 billion
people closely followed by Islam with about 1.4 billion. So approaching
major leaders might no doubt have a great impact. I don't believe in the
malediction about the pope by an other list participant although I am not a
catholic. Other sources seem to indicate that he is a truly spiritual person
with a high level of moral integrity. We should not refrain from action
because of preconceptions about his person.

Jaan Suurkula <m-25430@mailbox.swipnet.se>
Jaan Suurküla
E-mail m-25430@mailbox.swipnet.se
Tel 0322-21347