GENTECH archive 8.96-97
Re: Labelling (and promotion of sales)
- To: egidio reale <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Labelling (and promotion of sales)
- From: "sdef!" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 14:03:33 +0000
- CC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- Organization: earth first!
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
egidio reale wrote:
> > (email@example.com)
> >I still think the campaign for labelling should be abandoned totally and
> >an all-out war on gmo's declared.
> The evidence you mention suggesting labelling might actually promote sales,
> just points to the dire need for a wide education campaign, but definitely
> clear comprehensive labelling is a must, precisely to allow whatever
> portion of educated, conscientious consumers there may be to make an
> informed decision.
> I am obviously in favour of a general ban, but do not see it likely to
> happen, labelling itself will be rather hard to implement.
> Egidio Reale
This is precisely why there should be a ban. There is no other way of
controlling this. Labelling will achieve nothing and is a total waste of
our time and energy. I suspect many of the people diverting us into this
red herring idea are industry stooges.
IMPORTANT!!!! remove "nospam" from end of email address before replying.
South Downs EF!, Prior House
6, Tilbury Place, Brighton BN2 2GY, UK