GENTECH archive 8.96-97
Re: Labelling (and promotion of sales)
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Labelling (and promotion of sales)
- From: email@example.com (egidio reale)
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 14:15:51 +0100
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>I still think the campaign for labelling should be abandoned totally and
>an all-out war on gmo's declared.
The evidence you mention suggesting labelling might actually promote sales,
just points to the dire need for a wide education campaign, but definitely
clear comprehensive labelling is a must, precisely to allow whatever
portion of educated, conscientious consumers there may be to make an
I am obviously in favour of a general ban, but do not see it likely to
happen, labelling itself will be rather hard to implement.