Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:41:28 -0500 (EST)
From: Betty Martini <betty@noel.pd.org>
To: Ban-GEF@lists.txinfinet.com
Subject: Re: IFIC's New Survey (and acronyms explained)

You are right.  People use initials all the time and sometimes I have to
ask myself.  Having a medical background I understand medical jargon
sometimes better than English and forget I'm using technical terms.

DKP is diketopiperazine, a brain tumor agent.  In the secret trade
information titled "CONFIDENTIAL TRADE SECRET INFORMATION, Food and Drug
Sweetener strategy" they said: "we have no way of estimating maximum
likely abuse and hence need to utilize data based on almost complete
conveersion to DKP.  If we include this .. we stand a good chance of
ending up with nothing .."

When aspartame was first marketed it was in less than 100 products.  At
Congressional Hearings becasue there was so much concern that aspartame
was not safe they were particularly concerned that somebody might get too
much of it.  There was a daily allowable dose.  Most people do not realize
that it was set up for rats!!! This is in one of Dr. H. J. Roberts' books
on aspartame ( 1 800 -814--9800).  He is the world expert on the subject.
There is no safe dose of poison for humans!

The IFIC is listed in their material as International Food Information
Council Foundation.   I notice in most of their publications they use as
their authorities those funded or loyal to Monsanto.

Inside their packet it says:  The International Food Information Council
(IFIC) is a non-profit organization that serves as an information and
educational resource on nutrition and food safety.    It also says: "IFIC
programs receive support from a broad base of food, beverage and
agricultural companies."    Translation:  The Godfather!

A good journalist could find out where they money comes from and who they
are another name for.  Companies can set up PR agencies to push their
material.

Robert Cohen has done incredible research on the bovine growth hormone. He
was shocked at some of the things industry do.  For instance there was
material that said, "the AMA says its safe, the FDA says its safe", etc.,
etc.  And I can't remember who all those were that were in these
statements.   Bob checks everything, whereas the average consumer takes
for granted statements like "the FDA says its safe."  What Bob found was
that they took statements out of context.  The left out words like "but"
and there were three little dots ... to skip material that would have
showed they didn't consider it so safe after all.  Industry uses a lot of
tools.  Don't look for integrity or ethics.  So many poisons have been put
on the market today  people have to take responsibility for their own
health and they have to do their own research.

You can tell the IFIC is not on the side of food safety when they use as
their authorities those who take money for pushing unsafe products and
have a reputation  that is controversial.  Dr. Julian Whitaker has written
about the dietitians as well as the New York Times.  And so many have
tried to stop the laws being passed to grant them a monology on nutrition.

I hope you will read some of the research on Mark Gold's web page, email
address below, and all of your questions will be answered.  For instance
he goes into detail about breakdown products like DKP.  He also has Robert
Cohen's material on the bovine growth hormone and the case filed against
the FDA.

If I can explain anything else I am most happy to do so.

Regards,
Betty
For more information on aspartame email:    betty@pd.org
    TYPE:    sendme help        on the Subject Line
                          1. Take the 60-day No Aspartame Test and
  Mission Possible                send us your case history.
5950-H State Bridge Rd.   2. Tell your doctor and all of your friends!
     Suite 215            3. Return Asparcidal food to the store. Anything
 Duluth, GA 30155  USA       with Monsanto's NutraSweet/Equal/Spoonful
                                  or Benevia or NatraTaste
VISIT  http://www.dorway.com/possible.html  Get links to 29 other sites.
       http://www.tiac.net/users/mgold/aspartame/  FAQs/Toxicity Reports

    Disability and Death are not acceptable costs of business!