Re: Survey Shows Americans Want Labels On Genetically Altered F

Thomas I think you misunderstood what I meant.  Let me try to clarify.

The idea is that "Mother Nature" sends insects to take back a crop that
is not up to par.  A good healthy crop will be more resistent to any
insect and to infections.  [So are we  resistent to disease  when we are
healthy].  Generally a farm that is organic will have more
organism[harmful] in the soil with a small incidence of plant infection.
On the other hand that same type of farm a mile or two away treated with
chemicals will have less organisms in the soil, but will have a much
greater infection rate.
[Rodale Press-Organic Gardening]

The "Messing with Mother Nature" reference is to the alteration of the
genetic structure of a living thing;  whether it be human, animal or
plant.  Also it can refer to all the poisonous chemcals that have been
created by our industrialized society.  These toxins are then put in to
the water supply via sewers, wind and rain.  It is in our food and in the
air.  It is everywhere.

To top it off these alterations are done for only big companies that are
only greedy.  It is all a scam for more and higher profit.  They then
brainwash us into believing it will help with world problems.  BUT aren't
 the problems  a result of man "Upsetting the Balance of Nature" in the
first place!!!