soya labelling

[NewsPage, from Individual Inc.]
[ ]
Healthcare  /  Biotechnology  /  Biotechnology -
Agricultural

EU to announce method for identifying transgenics

Source: Kyodo

Kyodo via Individual Inc. : TOKYO, March 11 (Kyodo) _
Visiting European Union (EU) agricultural official Franz
Fischler on Tuesday unveiled a plan for announcing a
detailed standard for identifying transgenic plant
products as early as April.

The standard is expected to apply not only to products
from transgenic or biologically altered plants, such as
fresh vegetables and fruit, but also to processed
products in which the original ingredients have been
altered, Fischler said.

The plan will respond to consumers' concerns that a
regulation which the EU introduced in January requiring
the identification only of fresh transgenic plant
products is insufficient, he said.

[03-11-97 at 14:24 EST, 1997, Kyodo News International]

This story is found in the following NewsPage topics:

   * Biotechnology - Agricultural ( Healthcare /
     Biotechnology )

[Image]

Go To My NewsPage |  Browse |  Search |  Hot Topics |
 Quotes |  Help
Create My NewsPage |  NewsPage Direct |  NewsPage
Network |  Advertising
Sources |  Topic Index |  Infoseek |  FreeLoader

Copyright 1997, Individual, Inc. This content is for your
personal use only. No redistribution allowed.