Re: Novartis' Suspicious Rhetoric on Labeling

The Reuter's news article datelined Kansas City on Novartis' Suspicious
Rhetoric on Labelling was a bit paranoid. Let's be fair-- there is no way
(legally or practically) that a seed company can require certain wording on
a consumers product label unless it were a contractual condition imposing
an obligation to be placed on subsequent contracts of sale by buyers. Not
only would such a condition be bad for marketing, it could not practically
be monitored.

We have to work backward in the contractual chain-- from consumers to
retailer to wholesaler to fabricator to farmer to seed company.

Phil B.

****************

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Philip L. Bereano