Re: Question

>A quick question.  Do foodstuffs derived from the GE'ed herbicide-resistant
>plants (soybean, corn etc) contain more herbicide than traditional
>varieties (since herbicide residues will be found in the soils in both
>cases?).  I suspect the answer is 'yes' but I don't know the FACTs - does
>anyone ??

I suspect the major difficulty here is who would fund such research?  The
resistant crops are clearly developed to increase herbicide use.  Increased
herbicide use probably means increased residues in food.  But I don't know
of any regulation requiring monitoring of such information, so it might be
extremely difficult to find any documentation.  Perhaps in Europe?

Brian Tokar,
Institute for Social Ecology
Plainfield, VT.