Newcastle disease (and is information overload addictive?)

Hello,

Does anyone know about the recent outbreak of newcastle disease in
Ireland? I was only half listening to the News so didn't take it all in.
I got interested when I came across this on our website. (Yes my brain
is like a seive)

"Another genetically-altered product is a vaccine given to chickens and
turkeys. A gene was taken from the Newcastle disease virus and was
inserted into Fowl Pox virus. According to Dick Witter of USDA ARS avian
Disease and Oncology Lab in East Lansing, Michigan, this vaccine
protects the birds against both diseases."
-from a chapter from the book Guide to Wild Foods, by Christopher
Nyerges.

Do any of you have any ideas on this, considering the things that are
being discussed on this mailing list?
--
http://www.hrc.wmin.ac.uk/campaigns/ef/earthfirst.html
South Downs EF!,  Prior House