The Public and Political Response of Member States to Genetically Modified Foods in the EU

I am currently undertaking an MSc in Environmental
Policy and Management at the University of Hull, UK. I
am doing a dissertation on the food labeling policies
of major food retailers in the UK for food products
which contain genetically modified material. I also
intend to compare the labeling policies of UK
retailers with other European food retailers and
producers, particularly in the Netherlands and
Germany, as they have been far more proactive in their
response to consumer concerns. Information or contacts
concerning the Dutch Governments introduction of mandatory
labeling for GM foods would also gratefully received.

In addition ANY information which you feel may be of use,
or contact addresses for individuals involved in this
field, would be gratefully received. Addresses of the Head
Offices of German food retailers and producers which have
acted to remove the soya from the human food supply, such
as Unilever and Nestle would be particularly welcome.

Thank you for taking the time in considering my request and
i look forward to hearing from you.

P.J.Mundy, MSc Environmental Policy and Management,
School of Geography and Earth Resources,
University of Hull, East Yorkshire.

email: P.J.Mundy@geo.hull.ac.uk