Re: Monsanto

Does anybody offer any criticism of this article?
Specifically, are any of the facts quoted below incorrect?
Is it genuine, or classic "greenwash"?
I would appreciate any critique, since the article casts a *very*
favourable light on genetically engineered crops.

>  ---------------------

This is a direct contadiction of much of what I have read: so far
predictions have been that *more* Roundup herbicide will be used. Is
there a deliberate play of word games in the use of "insecticide" and
"herbicide"?
Any facts from anyone regarding whether less or more herbicide will be
used?

>  In the rice fields of Indonesia, he said, the use of Roundup to kill weeds
>  efficiently means that farmers spend less time, and can plant two crops in
>  the same time they previously planted one.
>
>  ``They don't have to flood the fields, or work with oxen, just to get rid of
>  the weeds,'' Donald said. ``This is transforming the way food is produced;
>  it's much more than killing some weeds.''

Is this the only reasons rice paddies are flooded?
Presumably the "working with oxen" won't change unless those gene
splicing bio-boffins have designed rice to harvest itself!

Thanks in advance,

Jon Buckingham