Another recent article on Aspartame by Gregory Gordon.

Dear Mark:  Thanks so much for this article I hadn't seen.
I'm going to put this on some lists so I'll explain that in the case of
cancer even in the studies funded by NutraSweet there were brain tumors,
pancreatic, uterine and mammary tumors, also seizures and other serious
problems.  These are studies that supposedly proved the safety of
aspartame.  The late Dr. Adrian Gross, FDA toxicologist, admitted to
Congress that aspartame violated the Delaney Amendment.

With regard to complaints mentioned it is true that Dr. Kessler once said
that only 1% of serious problems are repoerted to the FDA and most people
do not know to even associate their problems with aspartame since trade
organizations funded by Monsanto convinces physicians aspartame is an
additive instead of a drug and that it is safe.  In l995 10,000 complaints
were on record although Richard Wilson who lost his wife Joyce to
NutraSweet said they had that many in the early 80's but kept telling
people to call the AIDS Hotline.

In l996 in order to approve aspartame in everything in the grocery store,
they must have had to show a decrease.  So they said they redid their
bookkeeping system and had to throw out hundreds of aspartame complaints
from the l980's.  Aspartame complaints sent in by Mission Possible were
never counted, and countless people tell us when they attempt to report
reactions to the FDA they are told they are not taking complaints.  If you
want to show a decrease this is a good way to do it, don't count the
complaints that come in by mail, tell people you're not taking complaints,
and throw out what you have!  Many anti-aspartame organizations that have
existed since aspartame was approved have admitted having hotlines that
receive thousands of complaints.  This is why we constantly tell people to
send us their story.  It is estimated that 5 out of every 7 people on
aspartame already have the symptoms or some disease.  I know if I'm in a
crowd and talk to 10 people on aspartame at least 6 will have problems
from it!

Now, here is the story Mark Gold just sent me, and he also sent me a lot
of up-dates on his web page:  http://www.tiac.net/users/mgold/health.html

I know everyone has gotten a lot of information on aspartame in one day,
so I'll sign off for the night.

And again, thank you Mark.

Regards,
Betty
To get more information on aspartame, email betty@pd.org as follows:
Subject: sendme help
The subject line must be typed exactly like the above line.
Betty Martini             1.  Take the 60-day No-Aspartame test
Mission Possible                 and send us your case history.
PO Box 28098              2.  Tell your doctor and your friends.
Atlanta GA  30358         3.  Return Aspar-Poisoned foods to the store.
USA                           (Nutrasweet(tm), Equal(tm), Spoonful(tm), etc)

We are dedicated to the proposition that we will not be satisfied until death
and disability are no longer considered an acceptable cost of business.