USDA-Monsanto and Pentagon Not Cooperating

A researcher has found genetically-engineered bacteria in Gulf War Vets.  Was
it from chemical warfare?  Or perhaps they were just eating Monsanto's
genetically engineered veggies and food....
Monsanto is using genetically engineered bacteria in their new experimental food
products. They are selling them to us unlabeled. (Oh, what a future these
guys are shaping for us...)

Looks Like The USDA, FDA and Pentagon Are Not Cooperating. The USDA and FDA
who are totally in favor of genetic engineering of the world food supply,
would never have wanted the Pentagon to release this information.

Subject: Bio-Weapons Linked to Gulf Syndrome

   WASHINGTON (Dec 12, 1996 7:18 p.m. EST) - The Pentagon said Thursday
   it is pursuing the findings of a medical researcher who has reported
   detecting genetically altered bacteria in Gulf War veterans suggesting
   exposure to biological weapons.

   Garth Nicolson, a biochemist, found what he concluded was
   genetically-altered mycoplasma in the blood of veterans who came to
   him complaining of the illnesses following service in the Gulf, the
   Seattle Post Intelligencer reported.

   "We found very unusual infections that have genetic structures not
   found in the wild," Nicolson told the newspaper.

   Because of the bacterium's artificial structure, Nicolson concluded
   that the veterans and their families were falling ill as a result of
   "invasive ... biological weapons."

   In one study of a couple of dozen veterans, Nicolson detected the
   unusual bacteria in 55 percent of the sample.

   Nicolson, scientific director of the non-profit Institute of Molecular
   Medicine in Irvine, California, began his research with his wife after
   their daughter, an Army soldier, returned from the Gulf with multiple
   ailments.

   "He is working in an area that we are also working, so we acknowledge
   that this is an important area," Pentagon spokesman Kenneth Bacon said.

   "But I can't comment on his results right now, in part because we
   haven't been able to set up scientific verification of his results,"
   he said.

   Bacon said U.S. govenment scientists approached Nicolson about his
   research in 1993 and offered to fund it, but the biochemist did not
respond.

   The Pentagon funded a separate mycoplasma study in October 1995.
   Conducted by researchers at Walter Reed Hospital among 400 Gulf War
   veterans, half of them suffering health problems and the other half
   not, it is not scheduled to be completed until May 1997.

   Defense Secretary William Perry said last week there was no evidence
   that U.S. troops in the Gulf were exposed to biological weapons.

   "We don't believe Iraq used biological agents weapons during the war.
   And we don't believe that our soldiers, or other soldiers were
   exposed. But our mind is open," Bacon said.

   The possibility that troops were exposed to low levels of the chemical
   agent sarin has been the focus of intense attention here.

   But some scientists say that symptoms experienced by the veterans --
   chronic fatigue, memory loss, joint pain, rashes -- and reports of
   illnesses being passed on to family members were more consistent with
   bacteriological infection.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= RFC822 Headers Follow