Re: Bumper Sticker Contest

Dear Judy:

Here's a quote I usually use:

In Italian Monsanto means Saintly Mountain:  It's a burial ground!

How do you like this one on NutraSweet?

Is NutraSweet a neurotoxin?  You bet your aspartame!

Regards,
Betty
To get more information on aspartame, email betty@pd.org as follows:
Subject: sendme help
The subject line must be typed exactly like the above line.
Betty Martini             1.  Take the 60-day No-Aspartame test
Mission Possible                 and send us your case history.
PO Box 28098              2.  Tell your doctor and your friends.
Atlanta GA  30358         3.  Return Aspar-Poisoned foods to the store.
USA                           (Nutrasweet(tm), Equal(tm), Spoonful(tm), etc)

We are dedicated to the proposition that we will not be satisfied until death
and disability are no longer considered an acceptable cost of business.

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996, Judy Kew wrote:

> Dear Everyone,
>
> We are having a contest to come up with a catchy Bumper Sticker slogan that
> conveys the dangers of genetic engineering.  We want to sell them at our booth
> at the Eco-Fair in Austin, January 24 & 25.
>
> The winner with the most effective and wittiest wins in a big way because they
> will be helping alert the public to save the planet for the generations to
> come.
>
> In San Francisco, daily newspaper columnist Herb Caen prints new and catchy
> bumper stickers slogans.  He is one of the most powerful people in the Bay
> Area.  It is my fantasy to have one good enough to get into his column.
>
> What do you say, Professor Epstein?  Rob Cohen?  Key?  All you Clever Dudes?
>
> Suggestions:
>
> Don't Splice E.Coli into my Potatoes!
>
> Don't Put Fish Genes in my Tomatoes!
>
> Thank you for all your ideas.
>
> Please put them on the Ban GEF list, but also send slogans only to
> namjoshi@slb.com,Internet SMTP
> This lovely lady, Renu, is taking over the booth preparations while I am out
> of the country from Dec 27 til January 17.
>

> --
>
> Sustainable Building Calendar at http://www.greenbuilder.com
> Texas InfiNet - an online community for progressive information
>                     BBS  512.462.0633
>              Telnet://shakti.txinfinet.com:3000
>               WWW  http://www.mahainfinet.com

Follow-Ups: References: