Dr. James Bowen's statement to the FDA (NutraSweet)

If you want to know about NutraSweet I think this is probably the best
statement that will allow all to know how d eadly it is.  Dr. Bowen
almost lost his life to it.  He told the FDA it was mass poisoning of the
American Public and over 70 countries of the world - today its about 100.

Everybody responsible for approval or keeping it on the market should be
indited for crimes against hu manity.  The cases come in daily, people who
live a nightmare - many don't make it.  I can put story after story on
this list like Joyce Wilson who went blind and died from it, like an
Alzheimer patient with no memory.  Dr. H. J. Roberts has written a book
about how it is now escalating Alzheimers (1 800 -814-9800).  People are
losing their minds, their vision, women are losing their babies.  It
destroys the central nervous system, the brain and the optic nerve.  It
causes an irregular heart rhythm.  Pilots are complaining of heart
palpitations, etc.  We want every case if anyone on this is on NutraSweet.

You've seen it making world news of late about the brain tumors.  I'll put
one more post I've done on this list showing that the original
manufacturer (Searle) knew it would causes brain tumors before it was
marketed.  Monsanto bought them in l985.  After all Monsanto is the
largest manufacturer of poisons in the world, and they wanted the
NutraSweet Company!

The FDA (took Freedom of Information to get the report) list 92 documented
symptoms from coma and blindness to seizures and death.  According to Alex
Constantine in Nutrapoison aspartame was listed with the pentagon in an
inventory of prospective biochemical warfare weapons.  It changes the
brain chemistry and the dopamine level of the brain.  It depletes
serotonin.

Senator Metzenbaum in l985 wanted a warning for pregnant women and
infants. Lobbying was so heavy it never got out of committee.  They would
not even allow the babies to be saved.

Please send us your case histories - please.  This is exactly what Dr.
Bowen says it is MASS POISONING OF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC AND MORE THAN 70
COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD.  A journalist in Austria has filed criminal
charges against the country for even allowing it in the country.  Mission
Possible operations have opened up in different countries of the world for
no other reason than simply to warn all people off NutraSweet.

The approval of aspartame is the greatest atrocity ever committed in the
history of the FDA!

Regards,
Betty Martini, Founder
Operation Mission Possible (warning the world off this deadly poison)
Subject: Dr. James Bowen's statement to the FDA

Subject: Dr. Bowen's Statement to the FDA

STATEMENT TO THE FDA ON FOOD LABELING - JAMES D. BOWEN, M.D.

                                                                         3118
S Logan Ste.3, Lansing, MI 48910
My statement for the public record regarding food labeling and the aspartame
issue is serious if not somewhat facetious at times.  The reason for this is
because I have found little evidence of honesty, integrity or stability on
the part of Food & Drug Administration officials regarding the aspartame
issue, since its approval in 1981. This attitude is largely shared by the
general public.  I come in contact with approximately two new people each
week who are now being or who have in the past been poisoned by aspartame.
 All of them share the same reactions that it is not worth writing to the FDA
or NutraSweet, because you and your agency have run amuck and are no longer a
valid public benefactor.

The recent revelations about the problems surrounding generic drug approvals
are compelling evidence of what happens when an agency considered itself
above the law in dealing with these matters.  In my opinion, this has
resulted in the mass poisoning of the American public as well as seventy-plus
countries in the rest of the world.  Watching FDA officials walk through the
“revolving door” and be further rewarded by being promoted to other positions
of high public responsibility is clear evidence of a government out of
control.

For this reason, I am opposed to labeling aspartame content of food and
drinks.  To do so would imply that the government is taking some sort of
responsible action...when the only responsible action would be to immediately
take aspartame off the market, fully disclose its toxicities, offer full
compensation to the injured, public and criminally prosecute anyone who
participated in the fraudulent placement of aspartame on the marketplace.
 That includes those who work so diligently to keep in on the market as well.
 Further, to label the purported aspartame content of a product would cover a
number of toxic flaws in the product and its allowable daily intake (ADI) as
follows:  1.  That the amount stated on the label was accurate and factual
rather than theoretical.  Aspartame breaks down relatively quickly in
solution.  Given the well established modus operandi of the manufacturer,
there is no concern given the ultimate consumer.  And cover-ups seem to be a
part of the routine of doing business.  The public should be well advised
that the amounts really used in liquid products are relatively greater than
those stated to accomplish a relative compensation for the loss of product
sweetness occurring during storage in solution.  2.  That the ADI presently
allowed is 50% greater than that expected to cause a reversal of the
phenylalnine/tyrosine ratios in the human brain.  This has profoundly bad
implications for the human being, including dopamine and serotonin synthesis
inhibition, causing depression, appetite changes, mental inabilities,
increased susceptibility to seizures and a host of neurohormonal problems.
 3.  Every known metabolite of aspartame is of marked or questionable
toxicity and patently unsafe for human use.  Methyl alcohol is metabolized to
nascent formaldehyde in the eye, nervous system and other metabolically
active organs.  It immediately attacks and denatures the tissue structure
proteins in which is metabolized to nascent formaldehyde.  This stimulates
specific organ and subcellular autoimmunity which seems to be a preponderant
source of the bad experiences reported by NutraSweet victims.  Aspartic Acid
is a neuroexcitotoxic present in damaging amounts, it own right, at the ADI
for aspartame.  Simple logic tells one that it will vastly increase the
metabolism of methyl alcohol to formaldehyde attach there.  This corresponds
well with the symptomalogies often experienced, such as Lou Gehrig’s Disease
(ALS), bulbar palsies, neurohormonal disorders, diketopiperazine issue
remains totally unresolved and dangerous.  The amino acids that are released
by hydrolysis, form eimers and isomers that are either not sufficiently
studied, or which are known substrates in undesirable pathological states
such as Alzheimer’s disease.  4.  There is the issue of the approval of
aspartame for market, which has violated every principle of responsible
science and responsible government.  Everyone responsible for this hearing
should at least completely review the approval process and the comments of
the participants and observers who have so excellently elucidated all the
malfeasance for the public record, such as Dr. Adrian Gross and many, many
others (all on the public record).

In light of the above 4 points, I highly recommend that you deny in every way
possible any subterfuge of respectability that the aspartame people have
enshrouded themselves and their product within hopes of quickly denying its
access to the worldwide marketplace.  I write this, not believing that it
will do the slightest bit of good in the sense of affecting the labeling
issue per se, but that instead, it might reach some honest, concerned,
conscientious individuals in the process.