6-Regulation: EU prepares new food allergen labelling directive

TITLE:  Food without fear: amended food labelling Directive allows consumers
        to discover details on allergens
SOURCE: European Commission, Press Release
        http://europa.eu.int/rapid/start/cgi/guesten.ksh?p_action.gettxt=gt
        &doc=IP/02/1680|0|RAPID&lg=EN
DATE:   Nov 14, 2002

Dear GENET-news readers,
this food labelling directive does not deal with the specific issue of GMOs
but might serve a useful example to illustrate the recent shift in the EU's
consumer protection and information policy.

Yours,

Hartmut Meyer

*****

Food without fear: amended food labelling Directive allows consumers to
discover details on allergens

DN: IP/02/1680