3-Food: WHO updated website on food safety with GE related links

TITLE:  WHO website update
SOURCE: WHO
DATE:   June 12, 2000

WHO website update

Dear colleagues, we are pleased to notify you that some webpages of
the WHO/EURO food safety programme (http://www.who.it/programmes/
food_safety.htm) have been updated as follows:
- At the address http://www.who.it/em_issues.htm#GMOs you will find a
  revised agenda and programme of the seminar "The release of
  Genetically Modified Organisms in the Environment: Is it a Health
  Hazard?" to be held in Rome, 7-9 September 2000
- The section "Main Activities" (http://www.who.it/programmes/
  food_safety.htm#Activities)  has been re-edited
- A new link to INFOODS: a comprehensive effort, under the United
  Nations University Food and Nutrition Programme and co-sponsored by
  FAO of the United Nations, to improve data on the nutrient
  composition of foods from all parts of the world has been created
  in the section (http://www.who.it/programmes/food_safety.htm#Links)

Marco Jermini, PhD
Food Safety Regional Advisor
World Health Organization
Regional Office for Europe
European Centre for Environment and Health
via Francesco Crispi 10
00187 Rome
tel. 0039 06 4877525 (direct)
tel. 0039 06 4877535 (assistant Ms Manuela Zingales)
fax.0039 06 4877599
e-mail: maj@who.it

             !!! NEW ADDRESS !!!