Socialists Press Release on GMO Moratorium
- To: email@example.com, ADeRoo@europarl.eu.int, FGraefe@europarl.eu.int,GHealy@europarl.eu.int, GTamino@europarl.eu.int,HBreyer@europarl.eu.int, HHautala@europarl.eu.int,HLorenzen@europarl.eu.int, ISchorling@europarl.eu.int,JVoggenhuber@europarl.eu.int, KSevon@europarl.eu.int,MAelvoet@europarl.eu.int, MEarle@europarl.eu.int,NAhern@europarl.eu.int, PLannoye@europarl.eu.int,PMckenna@europarl.eu.int, VTsetsi@europarl.eu.int,WTelkaemper@europarl.eu.int, WUllmann@europarl.eu.int,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Socialists Press Release on GMO Moratorium
- From: "Steve Emmott (Stephen Emmott)" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 15:58:58 +0200
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Content-Disposition: inline
- Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
- Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
- Reply-To: "Steve Emmott (Stephen Emmott)" <email@example.com>
- Resent-From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Ken Collins MEP, retiring Chair of the EP Environment Committee, has renewed the call for an EU-wide moratorium on GMOs "until we are absolutely clear about the science and the law". Collins has written to the German Presidency asking for this to be put on the agenda for the Environment Ministers Meeting on 24 June-the Greek government has made the same request.
A similar call was made on behalf of the Committee in December but was ignored by Commission and Council.
Ken Collins is a UK Labour MEP, not standing for re-election, but the timing of his Press Release suggests that the UK Labour Government wants to put the pressure on the Germans to reach a quick agreement on a common position on the revision of the GMO Directive 90/220.
Policy Advisor-Genetic Engineering
Green Group in the European Parliament
Tel +32 2 284 2026
Fax +32 2 284 2026