New GENET Information Concept

mailinglist genet-news
-------------------------
Dear GENET-news readers,

at the last GENET-member meeting in April 1999 it was decided to
issue the GENET-mail-out every three weeks starting on April 30,
1999. With the concept of the mail-out as our third form of email
communication beside GENET-news and GENET-forum we reacted on the
wishes of many GENET-news subscribers to channel the information
flow into a condensed and easy-to-handle publication.

GENET-mail-out will contain brief informations on recent
important topics in the field of genetic engineering in animal
and plant breeding, agriculture and food production. For further
reading we provide you with relevant references to past messages
sent with GENET-news. You can access these messages by visiting
the GENET-archive at <http://www.gene.ch>.

With this new information concept GENET wants to attract new
groups of subscribers. We especially focus on those people who
show interest in informations on genetic engineering but cannot
afford to spend the time to work with GENET-news. In order to
achieve this goal we will build up an exclusive subscription list
posting the GENET-mail-out. Of course, we will further provide
the GENET-news subscribers with the mail-out.

The third GENET-list will send the mail-out as attached word6.0
file and as plain email text. GENET-mail-out will not exeed two
pages (font: Arial 11 pt, line spacing: 16 pt, margins: 2 cm,
paper size: 210x297 mm).

Please, pass the GENET-mail-outs to all interested persons and
inform them about the possibility to subscribe to the new list.

Yours,
Hartmut Meyer

-| Hartmut Meyer
-| Co-ordinator
-| GENET
-| The European NGO Network on Genetic Engineering
-|
-| Reinhaeuser Landstr. 51
-| D - 37083 Goettingen
-| Germany